Bridget asked in SportsBaseball · 7 years ago

What do I wear to a Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball Game?

I know this is a stupid question, but I am not a sports girl. I have never been to a Pittsburgh Pirates game (even though I live here in the burgh) I am going to a game with some friends and I don't want to look stupid. Do I have to wear a Pirates shirt? If you don't know who they are, their colors are black and yellow, so could I wear a black shirt and yellow shorts? Or does it have to say pirates? Or could I wear anything? Best answer guaranteed! Thank you! :)

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

wear something informal and comfortable. people will be watching the game, not you.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Pittsburgh Pirates Colors

• 7 years ago

Wear whatever you want to wear to be comfortable. Jeans or shorts and a tee shirt are ok.

If you have something that is a Pirate color, you could wear that, but you don't HAVE to wear something Yellow or Black and you don't HAVE to wear something that says Pirates on it.

If you have a Pirates baseball hat, wear that, or any other baseball cap, as long as it's not a cap of another team.

When I go to Giants or A's games here, I wear a tee shirt, or polo shirt and bring (or wear) a hooded sweatshirt or jacket (depending on the weather), jeans, tennis shoes, and a Giants or A's baseball cap.

Just be comfortable and have a good time. Good luck to your Pirates.

• Sean M
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Wear a Pittsburgh Pirates cap

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

I am a huge baseball fan and have been to hundreds of major league games in different cities. I would wear something comfortable and casual. A Pirates shirt is nice, but certainly not required, as is donning their colors, black and yellow. So don't get too dressy, kick back and have fun.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Just wear what feels comfortable. Most people will be watching the game not you. Also if you can or want to there is always a place to buy gear like caps and shirts

• 7 years ago

Just wear jeans and a t-shirt or whatever causal you wear. It's not formal and it's not like 'wear something black and yellow day' at school. I'm English and I went to a Red Sox game in a him Morrison Tshirt and no-one cared

• 7 years ago

1. wear casual clothes

2. bring a:

a. waterproof windbreaker

b. seat pad (?)

c. sunglasses

d. hat with a brim

c. baseball glove (many people do)

Warning: if your seat is anywhere next the field, and without a protective screen, always watch the play when the pitcher throws the ball in order to avoid being hit by a batted ball.

• 7 years ago

wear clothes that make you feel comfortable, mabye clothes that are the colours of black,yellow and white ( Pittsburgh's colours), Pirates gear or Andrew McCutchen Jersey.

• 7 years ago

An A-Rod jersey most respected player of all time ;)

• Elliot
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Hmmm, Pirates gear maybe...???

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.