jjblumdc asked in SportsBasketball · 7 years ago

Is John Wall the most underated player in the nba?

One out of six players all time to average 16 points and 8 assist first three seasons in nba. Is he underated? I think so mostly due to the fact Wizards games are never on tv and people never actually get to see him play.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Josh23
    Lv 4
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I believe that John Wall is one of the best point guards in the league. and this year he will prove it. in his first two years. he had no body offensively to help him out, as he was a below average shooter. he could drive the ball though and take it to the hole with his lights out speed. This year will be different for Wall. He has Bradley beal, an absolute beast behind the 3point mark. great shooter. also Wall has finally developed a nice jump shot and has showed flashes of brilliance scoring wise. (scored 48 in a win over Memphis last year). He is one of the fastest players in the nba. He is always able to find the open man and has the ability to threaten a double double every night. His vertical is outstanding and can often get the rebound over taller defenders. also he iis a fantastic defender, averages about 3 steals a game and over 1 block a game.

Next year You will see a new player. a player with complete confidence because he finally has a team that as captain he can lead to a playoff appearance.

He will average somewhere along the lines of 23 pts 8 assists. 4 reb. 3 steals 1 block.

at the moment john wall is very underated. people think of him as a letdown of the number one draft pick. Ill tell you one thing. John Wall is a fantastic player and he will prove iit next year.

also. in the 49 games john wall played last year (33 games out because of injury.) the wiz went 24-25. a record that if he continued the 82 games would have madethe wizards 39-43. enough to make the 8th seed in the east over Milwaukee. How did the wizards do without johnwall you might ask?

5-28. enough said.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

At his prime I think he goin be a lot like Rondo maybe Wall just a lil better scorer. It'll depend on how much da Wizards need him to shoot. Otto Porter looked terrible in Summer camp and dat boy was supposed 2 be the backbone of dey front court.

Wall is underrated

• 7 years ago

well originally he was very hyped coming out of kentucky as the next big thing..

-He became slightly overrated when he didn't improve on his rookie year numbers in his second year

-That only grew when he missed about a third of his 3rd year while guys like Holiday and Irving put up inflated numbers on their lottery bound teams.

-He came back with not too much fire but the team was doing a lot better (24-25 with him vs 4-28 without him)

-In March-April he lighted everyone and put up monster stats (he averaged around 22 points and 8 assists!)

-The assertions that he couldn't shoot were true during most of his first 3 years.. but the last 2 months, his jumper has look at least serviceable if not above average.

-He is the point guard version of Lebron James while Kyrie is the point guard version of Carmelo Anthony.

In my book he is at least equal to Irving as a TALENT but he's levels above Kyrie as a POINT GUARD

Source(s): a little bias lol wizards diehard
  • 7 years ago

He sucks because of the Wizards if they were smart they would have picked up a center by now. Anybody would be better than what they got. Either Gasol/Bynum/Oden somebody man they need to pair Wall up with a big and hope Beal turns into something special.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Lemons

Source(s): Life
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

80 mil, what can i say. He is a GREAT player; but is he worth that much? i'm not sure but it does depend on the team he goes to.

Source(s): banging lee's mom
  • Doug
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

More like "most-overpaid". He's a good player for sure, but more like $12m/yr

• 7 years ago

So is Tim Duncan.

• 7 years ago

thumbs up if you didn't read "Josh23"s comment.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.