app store vs. Google play?

so why is it that there is more stuff on the app store than Google play. it's not really fair to me since I use Google play for my phone. like is it because the app store is more popular, does it have something to do with apple. like what's the problem here. I really just don't understand it. it's confusing me and I just don't get it. what's the reason for all this??

Favorite Answer

There are many reasons for this. For one, there are more iPhone users than anndroid(67.5% to 43.8% of the smartphone market in early 2013). For app developers, this means there is ultimately more money to be made from ios apps than android, especially since iPhone users are statistically more wealthy, and invest more money into apps. Also, trends show that iPhone users spend more time using the apps that they download compared to android.

Another reason is functionality. There are some features of the iPhone that are not available for android. Therefore, any apps that use these features cannot be reproduced by android.

Another notable reason is the fact that the app store was created before the Android Market(google play). The first iPhone was released over a year before the first android, and had far more invested into commercializing the product. For example,Tin the earlier days of smartphones, there were far more commercials for iPhone and apple products that android. This gave apple the opportunity to get ahead in the market, and attract developers before android could keep up.

I'm sure that there are many more reasons, but these are what I believe to be the largest contributors. There is hope though, as 2013 has been a booming year for android, with more customers switching from iPhone to android. Android phones have become far more popular, and I wouldn't be surprised to see these trends change over the next year, especially with the upcoming release of Google Glass.

Play Store Vs App Store

Apple is a billion pound empire that spans different products worldwide. It's iPhones and Macbooks are recognised everywhere and are frankly more common and seen as the "cult" therefore application companies will go to the App store first because more people use it and if their app is then successful they will move on to design it for Google Play. Also Apple is more user-friendly so it must be easier too

http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/17/comparing-apples...

You can see a great comparison App store vs Google play from the above link. I’m afraid, Most of the answers you got here is false.

I kinda like Google play more but it's probably because I've used it longer and I'm more use to it

asdasd