Is left hand tapping easier on an electric acoustic(10 points best answer)?

rather than on a regular one? I have a regular acoustic and I can't produce a loud enough sound with my left hand (fretting hand) fingers (on higher strings at least). I think I tap pretty hard but sound just isn't as nearly as loud enough. So is it easier on an electric acoustic? Does it make a difference? I think it would make a difference cause it's electric but I've never owned one so I don't know.

Thanks

Favorite Answer

You're talking about an electric-acoustic, right? If so, then I don't see why people answer you about electric guitars...

An electric-acoustic is an acoustic guitar - only with a pickup (or pickup system) added. In this respect it is just like playing any other acoustic guitar.

What makes tapping harder or easier is the way the guitar is set up (adjusted), the string gauge, the age of the strings, the type of frets and a few other factors. A well adjusted guitar with new strings and a low, but not too low, action (string height) is easier to play tapping techniques on.

Higher action, older/dead strings, and worn, uneven or low frets makes it harder to use this type of technique.

Of course, a high quality and responsive guitar is always beneficial. However, this has nothing to do with whether or not it has a pickup built in.

Using heavier string might also be helpful when it comes to tapping - it is more sustain and volume in heavier strings.

An acoustic electric can be helpful in getting the sound out to an audience, something which shouldn't be confused by the technique being harder or or easier in itself.

A fully electric guitar is easier to use for tapping because of the things mentioned above: string height/action etc.

Source(s): 45+ years of setting up, repairing, playing and dealing with guitars.

Yes it will work better on the electric because you can amplify the sound and you don't have to tap as hard to get the clear sound to get produced, I do it myself and it works much better an electric acoustic.

Source(s): Guitarist

It really doesnt make much of a difference sorry man. It works so well for the pros because they have a small mic on the cufflink of their shirts :/ you could try that if ur willing to pay the money for it