Miranda asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

Anyone have any experience with laser hair removal from American Laser Skincare in Overland Park, KS?

I'm really considering getting laser hair removal (specifically the brazilian). I'm curious if anyone can recommend a place in Kansas City and if the American Laser Skincare office in Overland Park, KS is a good place to get this done. Has anyone had any experience good or bad with the office and their procedures?

Favorite Answer

Go to YELP or Craigslist and read reviews or post on their message boards there from your city or search them under Better Business Bureau.

We live in OREGON.

Example: State investigate "Forever Young" medical spa.

http://www.katu.com/news/problemsolver/State-inves...

Lasers work best on people with pale skin and dark hair (like me!), but these days there are even options for women with dark skin and light hair. Keep in mind dark skin may require 2-3 more sessions.

It's impossible to predict how successful lasers will work on everyone. Results depend on the quality of the laser, the type of hair you have and the number of procedures you have done. Never trust a company that guarantees hair removal. I suggest you try to a consultation in person before you sign up.

Laser hair removal isn't cheap (about $200-$500 a session depending on where you live and the areas being treated. Again, it takes about 6 sessions to get rid of 70% of hair permanently. Touch-ups are always an option at about $100-$150 a session. With treatments averaging $65 per five minutes and a series of sessions required, permanent hair removal businesses are being set up in shopping centres and beauty clinics.

Glamour magazine ex-editor ended up scarred for life. For this very reason, you want to skip the discount places and get treated by a trained technician at an established medical facility. These places do NOT offer discounts.

Example of one who had them done.

My laser hair removal treatment takes 8 sessions spaced 4 weeks apart to see 60 percent reduction in hair growth. For best results, I got maintenance treatments done once a year for 4 years . Now I don't want to do this anymore! what is the best way to remove them from now on ?

Here's a good one! Google: Brandi Glanville's Burned Face After Laser Treatment Is Painful To Look At (PHOTO)

Do you know how much hair you got? That will cost a lot of money!!!!

Laser or waxing, once you stopped, THEY WILL COME BACK as before. It's totally a waste of $$$$. It is a billion dollar business, btw. NONE is permanent.

Charlie's Angels actress Drew Barrymore recently revealed that her pregnancy hormones were so overwhelming while expecting daughter Olive, she grew a beard. She said: "I got a wonderful little goatee, and it was red! I also got hyper pigmentation on my cheeks."

HOW DOES HAIR-REMOVAL LASERS FEEL:

It feels like a rubber band's being snapped on your skin, but sessions last only 5 to 40 minutes based on arid, $200 to $1,500 per session.

DON'T get laser-hair removal if you've taken Accutane in the prior 6 months or are on antibiotics now.

DO tell your doctor or technician if you're tan, otherwise he might use the wrong laser setting, potentially burning the skin. Avoid self-tanners for 30 days pretreatment.

• loch

American Laser Skincare Overland Park

The hair removal industry is a billion dollar business and I too have thought about laser hair removal for my underarms. It seems like a safe enough thing and then i might do my arms too. I dont have to shave everyday because my hair is so fine but when i forget i look up and have fuzz patch at the worst possible times, LOL i hope that others give both of us some good information-especially about the pain factor, lol