Do I need biomedical science or environmental science to be a wildlife biologist?

Um I'm starting High school soon and it has a STEM pathway (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) they have two choices of science environmental and biomedical, I know I want to be a wildlife biologist that majors in mammals you know like the people that travel and studies animals and documents about them. Thanks for your help.

Favorite Answer

environmental science

Environmental science would be essential for a wildlife biologist. Biomedical science would not. Of course there are other areas of science you would also need besides environmental science. I majored in wildlife biology as an undergrad, but switched to zoology in graduate school.

Source(s): biologist

Unless their detailed definitions are broader than the common definitions of "environmental and biomedical" then the pathways are extremely limiting and do not allow for a good path to being a wildlife biologist. You are going to have to talk to the people who teach the courses and run the programs to see what might fit (and perhaps encounter their scorn for not being politically correct enough or their joy that someone actually wants to study biology.)