Was making him a surprise cake cause he made sstg a dumb idea?

I'm currently visiting my boyfriend over seas (he's in the Air Force) Yesterday he found out he made staff sergeant. I'm a big fan of surprises so while he was at work I got him a balloon, a card and baked a blue AF cake for him. It took me forever cause I put the AF logo on it When he got home he... show more I'm currently visiting my boyfriend over seas (he's in the Air Force)
Yesterday he found out he made staff sergeant. I'm a big fan of surprises so while he was at work I got him a balloon, a card and baked a blue AF cake for him. It took me forever cause I put the AF logo on it

When he got home he smiled and said he likes it and how I'm the sweetest person ever but when I wanted to post a picture on Facebook he said not to do it. I asked why but he just said I won't get to know. He also popped the balloon. I was hurt and started crying. I don't understand why he doesn't want people to know about the cake? If someone made me a surprise cake I would brag about it.

Why?