Why did God drown infants in Noah's Flood?

I mean, even if you want to accept the monstrous premise that it's ok to drown all humans on Earth except for 8 of them because they're evildoers, it's still really evil to also drown their infant children, right?

Isn't it always wrong to drown helpless infants, even if their parents are evil? What did these infants ever do wrong?

Update:

@Sunshine Your train analogy fails. It's more like putting a little baby on a train track and then hoping in a train and driving the train towards the baby and telling the parents "You better move your kid!" and then when you do run it over you say "Well, you could have moved your kid, it's not MY fault you chose not to move them"

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

He was cleansing the Earth...that means everyone goes except just what it takes to start over. And besides who would raise these hundreds of children? Don't worry...they were babies so it's not like they went to hell or anything. They just went back to heaven.

• AlanG6 years agoReport

Believers will SAY or do ANYTHING, to justify their silliness.
      Who cares if a child is suffering, it's going to heaven?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

The Bible’s Viewpoint

How Tolerant Is God? http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102001728?q=god...

Remember that Noah was also a preacher for the 40 or so years while he was building the Ark. So the children that were there when God first warned Noah, were no longer children.

The scripture says "5 Consequently Jehovah saw that the badness of man was abundant in the earth and every inclination+ of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time.*+ 6 And Jehovah felt regrets+ that he had made men in the earth, and he felt hurt at his heart."

Apparently, in all those years from God's Warning until he acted those children that grew to adulthood had become just like their parents and any other offspring born during that time were going to do so as well.

God did not destroy them right away. Why?

2 Peter 3:9 Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise,+ as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

• 3 years ago

God has, at cases, handed judgment on human beings communities. for that reason it became all of humanity (much less Noah and kinfolk) because of the fact they did and concept evil perpetually. some factor to the youngsters as innocents, and specific, they have been. If God did no longer take them into heaven as such, THEN there could be something to charge God with being unjust. <<have been there no longer harmless people who did each little thing God commanded>> curiously no longer. Noah preached for an exceedingly, very lengthy time. and you will wager his development challenge introduced substantial interest. Is there a reason we could continually anticipate that there have been others that God could have stored? permit's merely say there have been, for communicate, if so might they no longer be with God now? don't be so focused in this short area of eternity to be blinded to the lengthy area.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Lots of specially trained smart people have looked hard for evidence of a world wide flood. They found two. Neither of them was Noah's flood of 2349 BC. Nevertheless, people all over the world recorded a flood that year and they all agreed on all the details. You might be surprised to learn what actually happened. This is long, but it's all there: http://saturniancosmology.org/

If you don't care to read the whole book, here is the footnote. Scroll down to "Day of the dead": http://saturniancosmology.org/jup.php

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

All you have to do is read.

Ge 6:1 ¶ And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 ¶ And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 ¶ There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 ¶ And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

8 ¶ But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

11 ¶ The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

13 ¶ And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

There you go. Fallen angels came down and Genetically Modified God's creation. It got so bad that all the animals had to be drowned as well. So yes, no humans were hurt during The Flood, but why would God do that anyway?

I wonder if they'll do it again?

Look up Transhumanism - the epitome of The Evolution Process.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

That's not the question. The question is why did the people on earth steadfastly refuse to turn from their evil ways in the face of 120 years of warnings of what would happen if they did not. Only Noah's family entered the ark because they were the only ones who turned to God. The responsibility lies with the parents who were determined to continue in their evil. What was Noah supposed to do, go around and kidnap all the children and infants before the flood came?

The same applies to you as well. God has warned of his coming judgment. If you do not turn from your rebellion against God, then your children will likely follow your example and be swept up into that judgment too. And you will be held responsible for abdicating your role as a spiritual leader. So what's your reason for refusing to repent? Is it really worth you and your children facing the judgment of God?

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I think there may have been a flood type event in the past it's a fairly universal story in many cultures. The world's climate has changed over millennia. Maybe some disaster happened that affected lots of people. Just like happens today but large scale and the event handed down through oral history.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

He also drowned pregnant women, making god the largest abortionist in history.

=================

@Ivanhoe - we are not talking about "mercy", we are talking about stupidity.

Only a complete and utter moron would "wipe out everything, to start over, but keep the same flawed product, yet expect a different outcome".

Therefore, if the Christian God is real, and that was his intent, then, he has to be the biggest moron to have ever existed.

• 7 years ago

Satan drowned the people, God removed his protection from them because they were severely evil. A world filled with the most evil people you could imagine today.... You reap what you sow....

• AlanG6 years agoReport

Just what did the children sow?

• 6 years ago

Amazing how the faithful twist and turn, to justify a murdering god.

• Raven
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

God=Contradictions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.