Roann asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 6 years ago

Can you have sunshine in a rainstorm?

Sonshine in stormy weathers

There's an angry rainstorm brewing,

I can feel it in the air;

The pigeons stop their cooing,

to fly out they do not dare.

All the crows have congregated

in the verdant mango tree;

that the seagulls have vacated,

as they fly out to watch the sea.

I sit put inside my alcove,

like a sparrow in her nest;

Like a ricepearl in a treasure trove,

on a secret spiritual quest.

And as the rain begins to pelt,

and crash high upon the sea;

I feel my heart begin to melt,

as I sip my cup of tea.

My old white lace curtains billow,

wind-blown sails upon the ships,

Seasprays brine upon my pillow,

blow salty kisses on my lips.

A lightening flash lights up the sky,

like a spotlight in a play;

A thundering roar in prompt reply,

echoes on cue across the bay.

My son climbs into my waiting lap,

His smile keeps me safe and warm;

Under the flannel blanket wrap,

I have my sonshine in the storm.

: )

@Caz: That's lovely Caz...

• P. W
    Favorite Answer

Another cracker from Roanne.

As in the Football Poem, there is no "e" in Lightning.

I suppose that the word derives from the flash itself, so the repetition of "lights up" should be re-considered, especially as we have it a third time in "spotlight".

What a joyous poem...I kike the line of seed-rice -pearls -

so pretty and charming and delicate -

am lucky enough to have been given a necklace of same:)

Yes,in Australia, the rain sometimes buckets down, quite un-slanted vertically

looking silver in the dazzling afternoon sunshine Roann;

it is so dense that until it stops - it usually lasts 10 minutes - you cannot see further than

around 15 metres ahead.

Then if you`ve been caught in it (which as children, we did our utmost to manage

despite all admonitions),your clothes dry in 15 minutes or so in the sunshine!

You portray this so well - I think I will soon take out my paint-boxes and tubes,

get going on this irresistible scene!

What a find this is for me...:D

TY! :) (:

9.5.

I have to agree with cassie, as regards "painting" your imagery, since I often refer to a "verbal brush" when describing precisely this kind of writing. I felt as if I were right there myself! Very lucid imagery...and very entertaining! I initially had issues with flow and cadence, but discovered that was just me wanting to go my way; your flow is not what I'd call the natural first choice, but it works and is even calming in its effect once you capture it's meter! I had a very similar experience reading someone's response to a cassie posting yesterday, I think, when a respondent posted another poem by the poet who inspired cassie's write, that was her young son's eulogy, with its own unique cadence. A good reminder we need be more open to alternatives that just might work, given the opportunity!

All-in-all, a lovely read...bravo...WRITE ON!

Just the other day the sun was shining through the rain the sun from the South the rain from the West ... One simple white cloud brushed over a deep blue sky, I took that cloud out of the sky and made it imaginary it was anything I wanted it to be .

Lovely Poem thanks xxxx

You always paint such wonderful poems Roann. I picked up some amazing imagery from this one. And yes I have seen sunshine peeping behind heavy black cloud (which gave it a beauitful sliver lining) while it was pelting down. Thank you for this and have a gre3at day.

In reality i really don't know if you can have sunshine in a rainstorm but if you're using it in a poem i guess it works cause it can have a different meaning on it. Btw i like the poem :)

Nice poem...

Yes you can still see the sun during rainstorm

Metaphorically as well

Source(s): I was fishing in a kayak at a lake, the sun was shinning brilliantly between these two mountains. It was beautiful, except I was scared out of my mind because I was in the middle of the lake during a torrential downpour with lightning striking all around.

To be sincere, i might say that the only human being who can help me by any typhoon, is the sunshine of the international, Jesus Christ. He has by no ability failed me by some very stressful years ! yet it is yet another tale I won't bore you with, except------------------- . wish your day is going properly ! stable question !

Storms follow the "doughnut" pattern as they swirl. The eye (hole inside)is in calm, and will have sunshine if it is daytime.

• Thomas

At first I looked at the title and thought "She's got it misspelled"

silly me. You had it spelled perfectly.

What a warm, nice flowing poem, with good rhyme

and meter. well done sis