How can I suit the seller when he sells the house to the second highest bidder?

I won an online house auction as teh highest bidder. However, the seller just sent me an email selling he decided to sell the house to the second highest bidder. Can I sue the seller? Can I get the house?

Favorite Answer

One does not suit some one unless they are a tailor. Yes you can sue, you do not have to prove anything to sue. If you can win or not will depend on the facts in the case. This is not going to be small claims, you will *need* a lawyer.

In the end, you have no real damages and the court will not undo a done deal if the house was sold. There are legitimate reasons he may have chosen the second highest bidder such as they were offering cash and you were going for a loan or they offered a shorter escrow period.

That depends on the terms of the auction and no one here knows that. Read the contract.

• ?

Yes you can