Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 7 years ago

Which City Should I Visit? Albuquerque or El Paso?

I just bought a new 2013 Chevrolet Malibu, and I want to take it on a drive. I live in Scottsdale, Arizona, and here are the choices I am considering:

(a) Albuquerque, New Mexico

(b) El Paso, Texas

They are both about 400-425 miles away, and it is about a 6.5 hour drive in one direction to either place. Yes, I know there are other places, but I have not been to either Albuquerque or El Paso before, except to drive through, and I want to see them in more detail.

So, which city should I visit first? I am thinking of a weekend trip. What is there to see and do in either city? Thanks for your help.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Never been to El Paso, heard people curse a lot there, not that it makes a difference--LOL. But I can tell you that Albuquerque is one of the friendlier bigger cities and if you go just a 10 minute drive out of town, you run into the scenic mountainous desert. Good luck with the Malibu. Santa Fe is a very scenic, medium sized city just a 45 minute drive north of Albuquerque. Nice people in both cities, there is a very historical museum close to Santa Fe in Los Alamos, I don't know about Albuquerque but they do have some highly satisfying restaurants and the area around it (as I said) has amazing scenery. Los Alamos offers a lot of great history but it is slightly smaller in population. Give it a shot if you have the time. Thanks.

• Login to reply the answers
  • J.J.
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Go to Albuquerque and Santa Fe together. El Paso is a pit even the local call it "El Patcho" it right across and in plain view from the blight of Juarez.

• 7 years ago

Albuquerque and include Santa Fe if you have time. El Paso is U-G-L-Y.

• 6 years ago

El paso

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.