What is a good side dish for beef stroganoff?

Im making my boyfriend a fancy lunch/dinner on the 5th when he comes over to celebrate our 6th month anniversary. He LOVES beef stroganoff (sorry if i spelled that wrong) and i wanna make another side dish to it. but what goes with it? like potatoes? lol i donno,ideas please!!!!

• Jodi D
    Best Answer

No potatoes!

Dinner rolls and salad.

Peas and fried apples with walnuts.

Or, green beans or asparagus sauteed in garlic butter.

Or steamed broccoli.

I normally serve my stroganoff with egg noodles, but you want a potato dish so: Roasted Garlic Smashed Potatoes Sorry, I don't measure, but I'm certain you can figure out how much of what ingredient you like. Everyone has their own taste buds to go by. 4 - 5 cups diced potatoes cooked in chicken broth with a bay leaf. When potatoes are fork tender, take the bay leaf out. Pour most of the chicken broth in to a bowl or a separate pan. Cream cheese Butter Salt and pepper Roasted Garlic (Get a whole head, chop the bottom off, put on aluminum foil, top with olive oil and bake at 350 x 40-45 minutes) Smash the potatoes with a hand smasher (it's my preference, but you can use electric mixer if you want) When roasted garlic is cool enough to handle, simply squeeze the goodness out and into the potatoes. Add in a few ounces of cream cheese, a couple tablespoons butter and keep on smashing. If you think you need a bit more moisture, add some of the chicken broth you've kept aside. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Since it's your dish, add more of any of the ingredients you like. The reason I make potatoes this way is because I don't like milk and rarely have it in the house. Oh, and these potatoes are so NOT fattening. lol We don't always have to be on a diet now, do we? These are quite scrumptious, though.

I serve a cold salad with chopped tomatoes hot crunchy buttery Garlic bread

OOoo it's so good together!!!

I'm a ranch dressing lover so I have extra ranch in a small dish each for dipping my bread

Well I love garlic bread all the time even for a snack.

Have a wonderful 6th month Anniversary Darlin' ;_)

I bet he'll love what ever you make

and one last thought ask his mother what might be his favorite side dishes ;_)

Beef stroganoff is typically served over egg noodles or another pasta such as rice, spaghetti, fettuccine, or macaroni. As another side dish I usually serve any of the vegetable dishes listed below. You already have a protein and carbohydrate so a vegetable is the best type of side.

green bean casserole

buttered red beets

sweet corn

creamed spinach

sugar snap peas

cheesy broccoli or cauliflower

candied carrots

bacon wrapped asparagus spears

A salad and dinner rolls and then you could do some type of dessert.

A spinach salad and garlic bread would be nice.

steamed green beans

a vegetable like steamed apargus or artichokes would be great.