What's a perfume that doesn't have a ton of chemicals?

Hi! I'm 14 and in 30 days I'm starting my freshman year at high school! I can't really explain why, but I really want to wear perfume. I feel like it's so cool that like you walk in to a room, and people smell a faint vanilla smell and they know it's you. Not like an overwhelming oder that gives you a headache, but a pretty little smell. Kind of like Ali on Pretty Little Liars (if you watch it) how she always smells like vanilla. But.... my mom is allergic to chemicals like that. She complains to staff at stores or restaurants when she smells air fresheners. Do you know of any natural/light perfume produts that smell pretty but won't bother her? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Traditionally perfumes commonly contain oils plus any number of synthetic fragrance molecules. These chemicals can be used to mirror aromas that can't be extracted from - or are simply too expensive to draw out of - plants, flowers, and fruit, or to produce unique scents that aren't found in nature. Natural perfumes, on the other hand, are typically composed of essential oils and naturally derived extracts. "There have been reports that some synthetic ingredients in fragrances might be potential hormone disrupters," says obstetrician-gynecologist Jennifer Ashton, author of Your Body Beautiful." "The bottom line is we don't fully understand what physical effects these perfumes might have on us. But I don't believe there is any evidence to say one type of blend is better for you than the other." Allergic reactions, she notes, may occur after applying either variety. To be safe, always dab a little onto a small patch of skin to make sure it doesn't cause any irritation before spiriting away. If the more natural route appeals to you most.

BTW:

Some perfumes may stink on you, depends on body chemistry. So, even the best-selling fragrance, may not smell well on you, but best answer is to try on a sample, and see HOW it reacts on your skin.

How I know this? I bought dh one of the best colognes, smell good on another guy, but it didn't on him.

This girl @ work, also has BO. Everyone knows she comes to work, like she showered everyday, looking fresh right out of the shower, etc. but she's got BO. Why? Her perfume is causing her to smell like she stinks!

Perfumes I hate: Scada, Michael Kors.

I like Bulgary Mon Jasmin Noir.

http://us.bulgari.com/productDetail.jsp?…

I also like Chanel 5.

I bought Chanel 5, spray, but it was making me sick, it was just too powerful . . . .even though I loved it when I had a sample, so I took it back and got an exchange for the real perfume, that you only use very little, NOT SPRAYED ON.

BTW: They go on my wrist, behind the neck, why waste expensive perfumes by putting them on your dress? How is your blood flow (veins) going to activate the scent?

You are supposed to apply the perfume to your pulse points..those are the warmest spots on your body (with the excepting of your head). I've also heard that rubbing the perfume is bad..it "breaks" the perfume.

Yesterday, I was outside during a Farmer's Market event, as a vendor. A lady doing Henna Art came by my booth (next to me) and I could smell her Patchouli scent, so powerful it was making me nauseated. If perfume,shampoo or soap smells, are THAT POWERFUL outdoors, imagine how much more powerful they are INDOORS.

Most perfume has chemicals. Just wait til ur at school and put it on in the bathroom