Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

Diet tips ... ?????????????

Hey so I'm looking for a nice diet please help .. Anything would be excepted ,,

Favorite Answer

Many people hate the idea of rigid diets - the good news is that if follow the five proven weight loss tips below, you will lose weight easily.

The diet tips require no real willpower and can improve anyone's diet and chances of healthy weight control.

1. Drink Water

One of the most effective diet tips is to drink plenty of water. In fact, water is possibly the single most important catalyst in losing weight and keeping it off.

Water acts as a natural appetite suppressant by keeping your stomach full and fending off dehydration that leads to hunger cravings. Water also provides the additional benefit of flushing out toxins from the body and keeping it hydrated.

Water also helps your body metabolize stored fat by helping the kidneys flush out waste. When you don't drink enough water the liver that works to provide stored fat for energy also takes on the role of helping the kidneys eliminate waste and thus becomes less effective at metabolizing fat.

2. Eat Breakfast

Many people believe one of the best diet tips is skipping breakfast, as it will help them lose weight, this is totally incorrect. Skipping breakfast can make you hungrier later in the day leading to distorted satiety signals (i.e. it's hard to determine when you're full). This can actually result in eating more as a result.

If you don't have time to eat breakfast or don't like to, at least have a liquid meal to fuel your body after sleeping and having no nutrition for several hours.

3. Increase Fibre Intake

Eating lots of foods rich in fibre helps keep food moving through your bowels. Just like water, fiber rich foods bulk you up and make you feel full. In fact, the average person could lose around 10 pounds a year just from doubling their fiber intake.

High fiber foods are generally low in calories and fill you up, so eating more of them means you're eating fewer calories and leaving less room for calories from other foods. Fiber also cuts calories by attaching itself to some of the other proteins and fats that you eat and eliminates them as well.

The average person consumes about 8g of fiber per day, but many experts recommend 25g. Start your day with a high fiber cereal and keep eating fibre throughout the day.

4. Eat Healthy Fats

Many experts claim that fat causes obesity, raises your cholesterol and causes heart disease, but this is not strictly true. If fat is all that bad, why is it part of our natural diet chain? The reason is fat can be very good for you.

Fat provides the body with essential fatty acids (linoleic and linolenic acids) needed for normal reproduction and growth, as well as for production of prostaglandin, a hormone like compound that regulates blood pressure, blood clotting, and inflammation.

When eating fats you should eat healthy fats. Eating "healthy" fats includes the cold-water fish, mackerel and salmon, nuts, and olive oil. By eating healthy fats over unhealthy ones you will lose weight.

5. Lean Protein

Protein is a great weight control tool because of the immediate satiety factor and because it keeps you full for longer periods. It also balances out carbs by preventing insulin spikes that can lead to a drain in energy and sugar cravings.

Protein also helps maintain muscle mass, which is very important in the fat burning process. At least 20% of calories should be in the form of protein.

I would suggest thinking of it more as a lifestyle change than a diet. Eat in a way that is manageable for you to sustain in the long run. Having a diet that is too strict sets you up for failure.

Try making dietary goals for yourself this month. Examples: (but these don't have to be your goals)

1. I will start each day with a healthy breakfast.

2. I will not visit the drive thru.

3. I will keep healthy snacks with me so I have something easy to grab throughout the day.

4. If I am craving something, I will allow myself to indulge in MODERATION, so I don't feel deprived.

5. I will cut soda and juice from my diet.

It does not have to be THESE goals, and it doesn't have to be five goals, but write some goals down as your guidelines that you KNOW you can stick with.

Good luck!

Source(s): runner, weight trainer, fitness geek, blogger- meggorun.blogspot.com

Losing weight is almost as if it's half about exercise, and half about the type of food you eat.

It also depends on your height. How tall are you? Go google/ask what a healthy weight is for your height. After that, set a goal for the healthy weight. Be motivated but don't go overboard because we are only human :)

Drinks- Drink plenty of water. 8 cups of water a day. Do not drink TOO much because that can make you bloated. Also, adding lemon to your water would help because it would make the water an alkaline (I hope I spelled it right haha) and it's probably the healthiest form of water. It'd help to make sure the drinks you had were organic too. You can also drink organic juice from berry/ coconut water because coconut has a lot of nutritious benefits. Also, you can try drinking a "shake", like a protein shake. Try searching online for different types of protein shakes and find one that you would prefer. Also, can't forget tea! Mint tea is good to drink if you feel bloated and green tea helps raise your metabolism. You can add raw honey to it and a lemon.

Food- Organic, don't stress yourself over the types of food you eat too much. As long as you eat more organic food and take away junk food, and make sure you get as much food from each food group you need, it's fine. If you want to eat something sweet while you lose weight, you can have snacks of course, like yogurt or any fruits, because fruits are really good for you :)

Working out: try youtube-ing pilates, yoga routines you can do :) for beginners, so it's easier :) and jogging is good to lose weight on all over the body.

serve food on your plate instead of on platters

Not eating so much and eat every 3 hours with execersise

eat a rainbow of colors have at least one brightly colored fruit or vegetable in each meal and if appropriate eat the skins thats where youll find a powerhouse of antioxidants

Turn off the lights at night because more darkness at night will make your body lighter

The Virgin Diet- look it up

Source(s): Lost a lot of weight

sniff a banana an apple or a peppermint when you feel hungry

paint your own toe nails instead of sitting for a pedicure