Yes for several major and many minor reasons but here are some ways to help fix it!
Several major changes need to be made!
1) Manufacture in-country needs to be supported by the government through legislation. Make take exemptions or other incentives to keep jobs in country, Put a Tax on any and all foreign made product for a business whose HQ is domestic (In Country), Put taxes on companies that outsource jobs to other countries so the cost is equal too or greater then keeping jobs in country!
2) Ban the selling of major Company's or Iconic Company's to the nation along with ban the selling of all land but especially farm land and all Forests/Jungles and water sources to other countries or foreign Company's! (This also means that foreign shareholders/business's can not own more the 49% of shares!)
3) Ban the Major/Large company's/conglomerates and so on from buying the land/farm from farmers, More support (Both Federal and State Financial Brakes/insentives and Government Bailouts) for independent owned farms/farmers
4) Support small business not large corporations they are the hart and soul of the county no Maccas/Mac Donald's, Nike and so on!
5) Put a cap on how much including perks, bonus's and retirement founds that CEO's, Board Members and executives can receive per year!
6) Put more money into Education so all schools can upgrade facility's if they are not up to modern standards, Each school should receive a nation wide standard amount of cash per student head for education, food, books & computers so it's all equal. lastly better pay for teachers and bonus's based on class performance and administration bonus's on over all school performance!
7) Raise the national minimum for wages in America to at least $16 an hour. (Really the so called richest country in the world has the lowest national wage in the first world!)
8) Lower taxes for income earners under $55,000 a year by half! (Why is it the more you earn the less you get tax once you reach around $500,000?)
9) Make all new or refurbished houses have rain and grey water tanks along with Solar and wind power to reduce Carbon in the air and decrees water and power bills! (Excess power can be sold to the power companies for a small fee to help supplement income).
10) Make recycling mandatory, It will produce more jobs help save the planet and reduce the amount of plastic, glass, metal and so on that needs to be purchased every year thus saving money for companies and by extension the consumers!
11) Government support for Electric and Electric generating cars (That is a car, bike, road train that has a small engine that works only as a generator to produces electric power to move the electric car motors thus meaning a smaller engine and less fuel needed then a petrol/diesel direct powered vehicle!)
12) Tax big company's more they pay on average less then 30% tax to the 70% profit they make how is that fair small bussness is around 46% to 56% tax profit!
13) Regulate national prices for all food & drinks so they cost the same nation wide regardless of the size of the seller! (It worked in pre-world war II America/Europe/Australia & New Zealand why not now expect greed!)