Is the anime Free! (Iwatobi Swim Club) a yaoi?

I've been interested in watching it, but I'm not sure if its yaoi or not. I've seen things on tumblr, but have heard mix things from people. I'm fine with yaoi and like to read fanfiction (XD) but I'm uncomfortable watching it, soooooo...

Thanks! ^_^

Favorite Answer

No, it is not yaoi. There are scenes that would be very suggestive to a yaoi fan.. however, no yaoi in this anime. There is tons of fan service, lots and LOTS of fan service for the ladies... so much fansevice I have forgotten what the plot was about, so its a great anime and I am loving it.

Watch this video, I think it will help you decide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hak2JiGzZj0

Youtube thumbnail

• julbe

Free Iwatobi Swim Club Characters

Free Swimming Anime

It is not. Having been on a swim team, I can tell you straight up that there is nothing yaoi about this. It just seems suggestive because they wear very little clothing and tight fitting swim suits and are very close friend. But it s just how a swim team works. You can t possibly be that naked around people for that long and NOT develop close friendships. And some people even consider it "fan service" and I can see where people think that, but as I said before, that s just how a swim club is. Lightly clothed and very close.

Nope its not, but it surely is a fanservice for females.There was never any kind of gay or yaoi about it, no gay feelings among the characters and no physical or sexual attraction at all.They are just shown without their shirts, with naked body(only the upper half, nothing below) too much since its a sports anime and also related to swimming.It has nothing yaoi in it...

You should watch it and decide for yourself...

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Thanks! ^_^

Source(s): anime free iwatobi swim club yaoi: https://tr.im/M3kJf

They dont ever cross the edge, but it does have a lot of homo-erotic subtleties. Almost through the entire first season, and none of them have a female love interest. When one of them drowns, there was almost a man on man moment when about to perform CPR. One kid acts like a mother figure, the other acts like the energetic younger sister, and the credits shows them dancing at a gay bar with gimps in the background.

I don't believe so, no. However, KyoAni knows perfectly well that the fujoshis are watching, and are probably dumping tons of subtext in there for those who want it.

For whatever reason, this question seems to get asked a lot on here these days...

Couldn't be a yaoi anyways... Haruka is in love with water, nothing else will make his eyes shimmer like water does...

Haru is watersexual.

Seriously though, there are hints and teasing towards the possibility of gay romances... but it's all teasing for the sake of fanservice. It's never explicit, never confirmed, and can be brushed aside if you so choose.