why can't I send an email? When I go to send it the send button isn't highlighted!?

I've tried to send and the button don't work

• JJJ
    Favorite Answer

THE SEND BUTTON

If your problem involves the send button not being highlighted, then when you are ready to send mail, move your cursor over the name of the person you are sending to and click or double click on it, which should release the send button.

You can also try to save the mail to the draft folder and then send from there.

Send mail to draft

What has worked for me is, after composing my mail, and trying to add contacts to the list to be mailed, and getting problems, I save the message to draft. Then when I see a message has been added to the draft, I delete the first message, went to the draft folder, and then was able to do all the actions I wanted.

CAN’T SEND REPLY OR FORWARD EMAILS

The inability to send, reply, or forward emails can be caused by a program on your computer that prevents the Yahoo! Mail Rich Text toolbar from launching properly. As a workaround, try switching to plain text mode when you send an email.

To switch to plain text mode:

1. Sign in to Yahoo! Mail.

2. Click the Compose button to start a new email.

Click the double arrow button (<<) at the right side of the formatting toolbar (just below the email's subject line). This switches you to plain text mode.

3. Compose and send your email.

Source(s): yahoo user