Are you all familiar with the Kurds?

A lot of my friends and acquaintances have absolutely no idea who they/where they come from/their history so I'm curious to know how many of you all do.

Also if you don't mind, could you state your country? Simply because some countries have a higher population of Kurds so they're familiar with them whereas some don't.

Favorite Answer

At university, my roommate was a Kurdish guy. We have the same ethnicity with them. When our ancestors settled in the Anatolia, we used to live together, we had no separations until the end of the 19 th century revolutions. The hostility of some nations have been trying to plant evil seeds but they cannot because we are brothers and sisters of the same ever-green family. Im from Turkey by the way.

• solo

Not really. My mom is dating a Kurd...she met him in Turkey during a holiday. Personally I have not met him yet. He lives like most Turks, is friends with a lot of them. He is a Muslim like his family, he has a big family. He looks different from his siblings in photos, like he has green eyes and slightly tan skin and they look more like Turks than he does. Apparently he went to visit my mom and a Indian in a store asked him, "Are you from Russia, sir?" So maybe to some he looks like he could be a Boris or so.

• Yes I know the Kurds. Pretty well actually.

• Soulo

I've heard of the ethnic group "Kurdish" but know nothing about there history.

Kurdish folk? Not too much, no....I do know we have a small Kurdish refugee community in my city....

That's about it.

I'm from Canada

Ive heard of them but i do not know alot

they are an ethnic group from the the middle east.

u.s.a