promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

how does john green get his characters to be so believable?

I really just want reassurance because it's pretty impossible to follow a path paved with perfection.

I want my characters to be able to be imagined in my reader's mind, and stay there when they're about to got to sleep, and even after they've finished the book. I need help. Thanks in advanced.

Update:

EDIT: thanks Kelley, after you answered I realized how much he did that.

Diane - I'm sure you know a lot more than me since I'm still an adolescent, and I'm not going to sit here and tell with you that I've got some chance, but I've got a reasonable one like anyone else that works at it everyday. So your criticism is constructive, to an extent, but also misplaced.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Kelley
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I've noticed that Green describes his characters by their actions rather than by their appearance. By what they say more so than how they look. I imagine Green spends time observing real teens, both the average and the extraordinary, in order to create realistic characters.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

No one can give you the slightest bit of credible reassurance that you are even remotely adequate as a writer, let alone ready to follow a path paved with perfection. Probably you are not very talented at all; most people aren't.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.