is frostwire a pirate site?

I was contacted by my network provider that I mis-manage my account by watching a movie which wasn't legal to watch, Frostwire did not have copyrights! I'm now scared to use it and how do you tell if it is a pirate site, as this is what they told me from by my provider?

Favorite Answer

Frostwire is a bittorrent client, so can be used as a method for pirating. They hold copyrights to their product and nothing else.

If you want to legally watch tv shows or movies online try Hulu or Netflix, a good rule of thumb if you're worried about it being legal or not: If you don't pay for it, and you don't see any ads (before or during), it is probably not legal.

This is because the copyright holders require companies to pay royalties on their property, so the site needs to sell quite a bit of advertising in order to bring you the content.

That being said, if your isp was kind enough to only send you a warning about this issue, I wouldn't worry too much as long as you change your habits. They could have been _really_ nasty and reported you to the MPAA, who are vicious enough to sue children into bankruptcy.

I am an expert pirate and I know that is not a pirate website.

http://disney.go.com/pirates/

Now this here is a pirate website

Source(s): I'm a pirate