What would you do 7h in an airport?

I'm going on holidays to Tenerife on Wendsday and I'm catching a plane to Madrid (and then Tenerife) on Tuesday. However this first flight (Lisbon-Madrid) takes place at 6am and we arrive at the airport at 11pm.

We have no Hotel reservation and we go by train which means we have nowhere to sleep.

My family will sleep in the airport seats but I'm not really willing to do that so I won't sleep at all. But I'm not sure yet what to do...

I'm thinking on getting someone (turist, security guard, whatever) to have a coffee and talk for a while, but besides that, what to do?

Favorite Answer

See if the airport has free wifi. You can take a computer and watch videos or just mess around online. You could also download a couple of movies to watch.

Can you do a fast day trip? Your plane has to be on time. You would have to go through security again. Find out if you need a transit visa.

Best bet is to take a general tour around town, then have lunch, then back to the airport.

• AJ

Stop acting like you are homeless and get a hotel/motel room for the night. If you can afford the airfare then you should be able to afford a hotel room for the night.