Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 years ago

how you explain honor and pride?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • choZen
    Lv 6
    6 years ago
    Best Answer

Honor is simply giving value to something.

Pride is self-love/self-glory.

• mark
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Their is honor of three, for which if considered with elaborate fairness, better damn well warrant a little esteem for taking great pains in assuring no major regard of honor in a social body is left out. There is honor between men of our mankind, as is a respect of hostelry, diplomacy, and consultations, care-giving to family and its human rights in the making of trade agreements and reform renderings. There is honor between woman and man of disparate origin, for it is variation in genome that keeps it healthy. I'm a man , so all I can say is I offer her honor whether on her or off'er. Read me , 'manima'l. Then there is the sacred honor, the honor of which we have greatest, least sympathy and is of no consequence to the panic of a hoarde. It is the honor we give to a child , a babe born , human-colored, greybluesky in eyes, grit and grimace hope and heather, and if nothing in this world is more sacred that what comes of inspiritting to serve the little master, I cannot stand to say another word to such ignoramuses that I know very well that you all really are NOT. Now there is pride, great pride, as a lion of All About God, and it stands for imperfect reason for it knows very well that each child born of this world is the most special one ever, and this is TRUE, but it makes no sense. Amen.

• 6 years ago

This may be a bit weighty for you but you can learn from it.

In Greek, the noun ti·me′ conveys the sense of “honor,” “esteem,” “value,” “preciousness.” Thus the verb ti·ma′o can also mean “set a price on” (Mt 27:9);

Jesus Christ set the perfect example in honoring his Father, carrying out His will flawlessly to the point of laying down his life in sacrifice. (Mt 26:39; Joh 10:17, 18) Because he delighted to do the Father’s will, his Father honored him by acknowledging him as His beloved and approved Son. (2Pe 1:17; Mt 17:5) After the completion of Jesus’ earthly course, God conferred far greater honor and dignity upon his Son than Jesus had before his becoming a man. (Php 2:9-11) The case of Jesus Christ illustrates how the Most High will honor all who honor Him, recognizing them as His approved servants and blessing them beyond measure.—1Sa 2:30.

Inordinate self-esteem; an unreasonable feeling of superiority as to one’s talents, beauty, wealth, rank, and so forth; disdainful behavior or treatment; insolence or arrogance of demeanor; haughty bearing. Pride can, more rarely, have the good connotation of a sense of delight or elation arising from some act or possession. Some synonyms of pride are egotism, arrogance, haughtiness

Pride should therefore be rooted out of one’s personality for one’s own benefit. More important, it must be done if a person hopes to please God. One must even come to hate it, for God’s Word says: “The fear of Jehovah means the hating of bad. Self-exaltation and pride and the bad way and the perverse mouth I have hated.”—Pr 8:13.

The individual who does not get rid of his pride will suffer. “Pride is before a crash, and a haughty spirit before stumbling” (Pr 16:18), and “the house of the self-exalted ones Jehovah will tear down.” (Pr 15:25) There are a number of examples of the crash that proud individuals, dynasties, and nations have suffered.—Le 26:18, 19; 2Ch 26:16; Isa 13:19; Jer 13:9; Eze 30:6, 18; 32:12; Da 5:22, 23, 30.

Pride is deceptive. The apostle Paul counsels: “If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving his own mind.” (Ga 6:3) The proud person seems to be taking the way most beneficial or profitable for him, but he is leaving God out of account. (Compare Jer 49:16; Re 3:17.) The Bible says: “Better is it to be lowly in spirit with the meek ones than to divide spoil with the self-exalted ones.”—Pr 16:19.

Source(s): WBTS JW (NWT)
  • 6 years ago

honor is a feeling of righteousness regarding certain aspects of ones life. to each person something they honor is different than another. pride is being happy or content with something they've done or own.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • one
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

Put simply, Honor is bestowed by others. Pride is bestowed by self.

• Zombie
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Social constructs. What exactly needs to be explained? Vague question is vague.

• 6 years ago

I explain with words.

How YOU explain?

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

With a big fat Dicktionary

• Quay
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

You can commit to something and you are proud of who you are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.