Is 37 weeks pregnant full term?

I will be 37 weeks in 3 days and was wondering when the baby is considered full term? I'm also 1 cm dilated as of 2 days ago my doctor said he doesn't see me making it to my due date. How fast can I dilate? This is my first baby so its new to me.

Favorite Answer

It all depends on genetics. Most doctors will consider the baby full term at 37 weeks, because there lungs are most likely fully developed by then. I went into labor with my first at 37 weeks, so it is possible you could to. Plus if your dr is saying you might not make it, he sees more then me! lol, your baby will be fine at 37 weeks, good luck.

Is 37 Weeks Pregnant Full Term

I believe 36 weeks is considered early but 37 is not. Your due date is at 40 weeks. I had a baby at 37 weeks he needed to go under a light for a bit but he was fine, 7 1/4 lbs.

Source(s): Mother of five, one born at 37 weeks.

A full-term pregnancy is considered to be 40 weeks. It's almost impossible to know how fast a cervix will dilate. It’s generally estimated that the cervix will dilate one centimeter during each hour of labor, but this is not true of every woman or every pregnancy. Sometimes it's faster; sometimes slower.

0-4 centimeters dilation is considered early labor, and it’s not uncommon for a woman to be up to 2 centimeters dilated several weeks before giving birth, and not to have felt any labor pains. The cervix must dilate up to 10 centimeters before a woman gives birth, so you still have a way to go.

definite, 37 weeks is seen finished-time period. 34-36 is seen pre-time period and in the previous 34 weeks is premature. i'm 37 weeks pregnant in the present day too. i turned into on mattress relax and medicines for 2 weeks because I had preterm contractions that were 2 minutes aside etc the well-being facility they gave me a shot to circumvent preterm exertions. (it is even as i turned into 33 weeks & 6 days pregnant). At my 36 week ultrasound, i turned into instructed my infant weighs approx. 6 pounds and 12 oz. (might want to be off by technique of a 0.5 a pound). So, the rfile says it is going to likely be secure to have the newborn now, she must be totally developed. i do not plan on having her any day now, yet, if it takes position, i will sense free! i imagine the longer the newborn is in there, the extra functional, the in good structure. Oh and speaking of the drugs, the docs shouldn't placed you back on it now that you're 37 weeks. you're seen interior the secure zone now. properly, good luck to you. it is my first, i'm frightened about the exertions and shipping. i desire a organic vaginal shipping and that i desire all is going properly with me and my infant lady. Congrats. we are due on a similar day! YEAH! we will be giving thanks round THANKSGIVING!

Yup! 37 weeks is considered full term. I was 2cm's for a good 2 weeks though, so it can take weeks, or days - it really all depends on your body.

40 weeks. You can dilate in minutes.

no 40 weeks is full term for doctors but you could go sooner. just be patient.