Would this generator work to occasionally power a homeade electric car?

Ok so I'm planning to build an electric vehicle. It will run only on batteries and be charged by the grid when I'm in town. However, a couple times a month I have to go out of town to the country. To charge the vehicle, and keep it going beyond range I'd need a generator. Unfortunately I don't know... show more Ok so I'm planning to build an electric vehicle. It will run only on batteries and be charged by the grid when I'm in town. However, a couple times a month I have to go out of town to the country. To charge the vehicle, and keep it going beyond range I'd need a generator. Unfortunately I don't know much about generator's yet. I was thinking of making room and other consolidations for this or a similar generator to run wile driving (to extend the range) and to charge the vehicle overnight when I'm in the middle of nowhere. It seems extremely efficient.
http://www.adventurerv.net/yamaha-ef2000is-portable-generator-inverter-2000-watt-p-28125.html?utm_campaign=partsfeed_ppc&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Froogle&gclid=CPSTo5Ok0LgCFchDMgodEzMAhg