Can I report this guy and if so, what would happen to him?

So here is the deal, I know this girl and have since high school. She messaged me last night expression her anger with her boyfriend/ life in general because of it being so stressful. I pretty much told her to call me if she needed anything.

Fast forward to about 15 minutes ago.

I message her and ask her if things were better today, she says yes. I say "have you talked to him yet about whats going on?"

No response.

then out of no where i get this message "if like useing your legs id stop talking to dev if i see one msg from you i will tharsh you"

To my knowledge he is an enlisted private or pfc for the national guard in my state. could I report him for threatening me? And if so, what type of disciplinary actions would be taken if i was to report this to the national guard?

Favorite Answer

You can report anyone you like.

No disciplinary action is going to be taken against him. Even assuming you can prove that he sent the message (which you can't unless he admits to it), all this is is smack talking.

The National Guard isn't going to care about the smack talking of one member. (And if ANY of the branches of services got involved over smack talking, they wouldn't have any time to do anything else.)

• .

Doubtful. You've got this whole freedom of speech thing to contend with, for one. He hasn't done anything to you, so nothing to report him for.

But you can try and see where it gets you.