Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 7 years ago

Composition Notebooks are ruining my life!?

I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and I am at a loss of what to do. I like taking notes but I have to take them with a mechanical pencil, not a pen. If I have a pen I have to take my notes on a separate piece of paper. It bugs me if half my notes are in ink and the other half in graphite. Now my pencils don't have erasers on them anymore and so now when I make a mistake, I have to rip out the page, flip to the back and remove the other half of the paper in my composition notebook and recopy it so there are no mistakes. I hate spiral notebooks because the binding gets bent really easy. I tried binders with removable pages but they rip out and I have to recopy my notes again. I'm sure there has to be another easier way! I've tried to get over my OCD but it'd be easier to detach my legs. Is there a way past this?

If I start writing in my notebook with a pen then I have to use that same pen whenever I write in that notebook and you can't erase a pen so that's a problem because there can't be a mistake. So I try to use mechanical pencils so I can erase it and that works 80% of the time unless I don't have an eraser or the one on the pencil leaves those black smudges and that's a problem too. I'm at a loss. Is there an easier way?

Favorite Answer

To get rid of the notebook/binder with loose leaf paper dilemma, maybe try putting looseleaf paper in a folder and keep notes in there. That way there's no spiral to get messed up or pages to get ripped out. Another method you can try is to always transfer handwritten notes into a word document, and keep printed notes that are error free. Perhaps you can type up your notes during a lecture? Hope this helps!

Source(s): I have OCD with writing, too. So I understand how frustrating a problem like this can be.

If you're open to technology, Evernote is a great program to keep everything organized for us OCD people. I hate notebooks for that same reason. Either that, or abandon all organization on the notebook itself and just brain dump while taking notes with the intent to enter it on the computer later.

Simple solution. Join my obsession with frixion pens. They erase with a rubber on the back of the pen that uses heat to erase. Also there is no residue so you can write over it.

Hope this helps