I am a Pakistani lesbian want to marry my gf who is in US as a permanent resident?

Hi !! I'm a citizen of Pakistan and im a lesbian 26yrs old living in Pakstan and my fiance is a permanent resident of USA living in NY, US. We met in facebook, I want to know if same sex couples can apply now for k1 fiance visa of U.S? Can My fiance in US can file a petition for me?

She visited me in june in Pakistan and everything thing went wel and we got engaged.. now we wanna get married in US. is there any way? I think first she needs to be a US citizen thn she can apply for me... jus confused.. please help me if anyone knows abt it thanks alot

Favorite Answer

The head of USCIS says she will implement the President's instructions to treat same-sex couples equally, ASAP.

Janet Napolitano's Statement on July 2

“After last week’s decision by the Supreme Court holding that Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is unconstitutional, President Obama directed federal departments to ensure the decision and its implication for federal benefits for same-sex legally married couples are implemented swiftly and smoothly. To that end, effective immediately, I have directed U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to review immigration visa petitions filed on behalf of a same-sex spouse in the same manner as those filed on behalf of an opposite-sex spouse.”

Napolitano's announcement goes on to talk specifically about same sex spouse visas I-130, and green cards through marriage. She talked only about married couples, and did not make any reference yet to same sex couples PLANNING marriage, ie, those who are engaged and filing for fiancee visas.

So far no specific instructions, special procedures, etc have been handed down.

One would imagine that eventually when all the pieces fall into place, the process would in general be the same, ie: a couple needs to demonstrate financial and basic eligiblity, and a bone fide relationship.

For Details on proving bone fides see

http://www.fianceevisaservices.com/genuine-relatio...

Many same sex couples are applying NOW, with hope and expectations that the "kinks" will have been worked out of the system by the time their visas are at the final approval stage 7 to 10 months later.