is this a good custom gaming rig?

operating system- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

dvd drive - SAMSUNG Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model SH-118B

desktop memory - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)

cpu- Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)

psu (power supply) - Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B 750W

gpu- MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 760 2GB

motherboard- ASRock B75M R2.0 LGA 1155

case- DIYPC Adventurer-9601G Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

harddrive- Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB

wireless adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI

I already have the monitor,keyboard,and mouse.

• Hunter
    Best Answer

Be sure to get 64-bit OS. And most importantly, get a Z77 motherboard. You have got an Unlocked CPU. So, to overclock make sure to get a Z77 mobo, and then a good cooling solution to keep temps down after overclock. If you plan not to overclock, then get some money saved by getting an i5 3470. Everything else is fine.

You should not be getting a 3570k unless you are getting substantial savings over a 4670k and a z87 board. Places are trying to unload old stock on people but not offering much or any price savings. The 4th gen CPUs are faster per MHz and include AVX2 instruction sets. AVX2 is not utilized yet but once it is then there will be an even bigger difference than there already is between 3rd and 4th gen CPUs.

Having a larger PSU than you need does not fry anything and it also doesn't waste a lot of energy. It does however mean that later on if you get a second video card you won't have to upgrade your PSU. But yes a 750 is overkill.

You didn't say 32bit so I am guessing since 64 bit is the norm that you where getting 64bit. 4GB of ram is enough but just barely you should probably grab 8GB which is far more than enough.

The video card is good but if you can make the stretch to a 780 it would be worth it. If not check out the hd7950 boost and plan on upgrading in the beginning of next year. The 760 will already have trouble running games like crysis 3 at max and 60fps. I would say 60 is the target to reduce input lag and so that in heavy scenes you don't drop below 30fps. Some hardcore bf3 players will tell you 120fps is a must. That card just won't do it.

Not a bad card and in fact my card is no better or not much better (gtx680) so I know there are already plenty of games I play that I have to reduce certain effects to get over 30fps.

Source(s): 4770k at 4.5GHz, GtX680, 850w PSU and custom water cooling.

Your OS for gaming should AT LEAST be a 64-bit bro properly game. And 4GB is nothing... upgrade to 8, and you'll fox that issue. Also, adjust your power supply. 750W is WAY too much. I'm running a much stronger rig, and 750W would fry all of my hardware. Next, your motherboard is a little too weak for that graphics card... you should upgrade your motherboard in case you decide to do any more upgrades and it'll be a better skeleton for your build. Next, I don't know if an i5 can run that powerful of a graphics card...try finding a less "extreme" solution for your gaming rig than a 2GB super Turbo charged $300+ graphics card. Finally, don't get an ooverclocked CPU. For the same price, you could get an i7 for the price of an oC'd i5.

P.S. you'll need a better CPU fan and REALLY good thermal heat sink paste

Source(s): Experience Computer Tech Student
  • Danny

I would personally go for the 760 and 8gb ram. But you have a good system as is.