Thinking about moving... Which is better? (Sweden, Iceland, Finland, Norway, or Denmark)?

Hey I was thinking about moving to either Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Finland or Norway when I get older.

I have questions that need serious answers though!!

((Questions))v

1. Where in which do you think would fit my interest?vv

-I'm looking for a place that isn't too big, but not small! Somewhere that's pretty cold and rarely is hot (i hate the heat). :/

2. How hard is learning Danish, Icelandic, Finnish, Swedish, and Norwegian (language) on a scale of (1-10)?

3. (Weird question)-> Are the bugs bigger in Sweden, Iceland, Finland, Norway, and Denmark than in the United States?

4. Is the money in Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Iceland, and Norway different than the money in the United States? If so, how? c:

5. (In cars) Is the steering wheel on the right (or) the left side ?

6. Which do you think is easiest to hardest on learning?

Thanks a bunch!! xx

Favorite Answer

How nice, we welcome you!

1) Except for Iceland which is a pretty small island the rest are about the same size. Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark are just next to each other whilst Iceland is in the middle of nowhere so I would say Iceland is a completely different story all together.

Denmark is situated in the south of Scandinavia so it is a bit warmer but it gets cold in the winter. There is no skiing in Denmark and if you want a cold climate you should pick Sweden (my country), Norway or Finland. Finland is nice too but I feel the culture is a lot different there. Go for Sweden or Norway (Norway being ridiculously expensive so watch out). We all have four seasons and the winter is really cold, especially up North. Summer is really nice here, gets quite hot this time of the year but it is quite short (3-4 months tops, and not always hot).

2) Danish, Swedish and Norwegian are all very similar. Icelandic and Finish are completely different. I have heard many people say that Icelandic is the most difficult. Everyone speaks english though so take your time learning the language. People like english-speaking foreigners, especially here in Sweden.

3) Yes they are much much bigger. Haha, no. But there can sometimes be too many bugs up north (small ones, mosquitoes "knott") whilst we have very few down south.

4) Dont know what you mean.. Shops and restaurants prefer that you pay with card.

5) Left side, we drive on the right side. You are thinking of UK not Scandinavia.

6) Might be difficult to get a job without special skills or good education as a young foreigner but these are all easy countries to live in.

• ketrina6 years agoReport

football tv link watch live here http://alturl.com/gj88r

.copy to paste tv link????
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .

http://alturl.com/gj88r

• plotts

Norway Vs Denmark

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

((Questions))v

-I'm looking for a place that isn't too big, but not...

Source(s): thinking moving sweden iceland finland norway denmark: https://biturl.im/eFRYA

1. All of these fit the bill.

2. Danish, swedish and norwegian are comparable in difficulty. Icelandic is probably the hardest, then finnish. All of them, speaks well enough english, but learning the language you sort of have to, if you want to work here, unless you come here, already working for a foreign company.

3. I would say they are probably smaller all over.

4. Other than they look different, no. We have coins and paper money, just like you do.

5. Left, and we drive in the right side of the road. Just like in the US.

6. Easiest / hardest, hmmm....I think that is kinda up to the individual, as in where their strengths and weaknesses are. You could, look up some of the videos about other americans in Scandinavia on Youtube. A person named Vlogger is great to listen to, and he have made a bunch of videos about his life in Denmark.

Also, Iceland is this island in the middle of "nowhere". So if the idea of being semi-isolated is not your cup of tea, it is probably the least appealing place to move to.

You have to eligible for a Visa and greencard (work permit) before you are even allowed to stay longer than 90 days in Denmark, about the other Scandinavian countries I don't know. If you are still young, have good grades, you could try and see if you could get into one of the universities, via exchange student program. Then you could see if it is something you want, and it will be easier to come back in here later on.

Cheers :)

Ps: If you wanna know any specifics, I can try answer them to the best of my ability. Just drop a mail :)

Source(s): Dane

every Scandinavian country is nice and has peaceful and friendly enviroment.

You can either move to Denmark or Sweden or Norway.

It's really cold in Scandinavia.

Steering wheel is on the left side.

The Scandinavian languages (Norse languages) are somewhat akin (similar) to German because the all the Norse languages originate from German and German in turn has its roots from Sanskrit.If you are a fast learner and if you are passionate about learning the Norse langages, then I am sure you will learn them in no time..

1.

Norway: cold winters, cold/hot summers.

Sweden: basically the same, but hot summers.

Denmark: no snow, because of the wind - HOT summers.

Finland: pretty cold winters, hot summers I guess.

2.

Norwegian: 3-4

Swedish: 3-4

Danish: 3-4

Finnish: 7-8+

3. Never been in the united states, but I guess not, because it's colder climate and bugs die during the winter.

4. yup, Norway: NOK kroner Sweden: SEK kroner/euro(?) Denmark: i-d-k- kroner/euro(?) Finland: No idea - Euro(?)

5. left side - you drive on the right though.

6. ? wut

- don't know much about iceland, though ^^ I just know that the ones who were thrown out of norway went to iceland.

- I guess it'll be hard to move to finland or norway because of immigration stop.

Source(s): Native Norwegian
    • ?4 years agoReport

You really don't know what currency Sweden and Denmark uses? What the hell.

moving is a big deal ... I'm sure you could enjoy any of the countries you've mentioned.

1) all fit

2) fortunately there is a lot of English spoken ... learning a new language takes a big effort

3) don't think so

4) of course ... they don't even use money ... be sure to pack a dozen chickens and a couple goats in your luggage so you can barter

5) right

6) Sweden has good education.