Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 7 years ago

Is a 54 afqt score on my asvab an alright score or should i take it again?

Im a senior in hs and I've always wanted to serve my country and no its not from playing call of duty haha but i just want to know if this score is above average

Favorite Answer

Yes that is considered above avgeage. National avg. is 42 so you accomplished scoring 12 points higher. Don't listen to all those PUNKS talking about its easy I scored a 95 half the time they are lieing and in fact most people can't even reach the 50 mark. I just enlisted in the navy and I got a 75 I heard of people getting 30s and 40s. So there is the occasional 90 but people lie ans are ashamed and try to bring down your score. Congratulations good job hope you succeed and make our country proud.

P.S.. The categories

Category I - 93-99

Category II - 65-92

Category IIIA - 50-64** YOU

Category IIIB - 31-49

Category IVA - 21-30

Category IVB - 16-20

Category IVC - 10-15

Category V - 0-9

Source(s): Future enlisted sailor Hawley

Yes, the ASVAB is timed and you can't use a calculator. The test isn't too bad but that depends on your test taking skills and general knowledge of various subjects. I recommend getting one of these prep books

It can make a big difference in how well you do since you'll know exactly what to expect on the test. The higher your score, the more opportunities you'll have and the better jobs you can qualify for so don't take the test lightly just because some people say it's easy. There's a big difference between doing okay and doing extremely well.

The prep/study book will get you used to the timing of the test so you know how long to spend on each question and get used to the time pressure you'll be under. They give you everything you need to know to do well. Good luck!

i got a 62 but i know people who got way lower than that and for my branch and being that im a reservist i had to get above a 50. but you should be fine but if the higher you get the better your chances of getting the job you want.

if you want to join the army its a 31 marines 32 navy 35 and coast guard 40

so you should be fine to get in.

Source(s): just left meps

Your score only matters when selecting a job. If you want a job that requires a higher score, than take it again.

There are people who get less than 10