Teeth Whitening??????????

I am thinking about getting my teeth professionally whitened by my dentist. Well, I used to have sparkling white teeth...and then I got braces. Even though I still use the same toothpaste and even though I still brush my teeth three times a day, and even though I still get my teeth cleaned by my hygienist every six... show more I am thinking about getting my teeth professionally whitened by my dentist. Well, I used to have sparkling white teeth...and then I got braces. Even though I still use the same toothpaste and even though I still brush my teeth three times a day, and even though I still get my teeth cleaned by my hygienist every six months, my teeth have gotten significantly yellower ever since I got my braces. Luckily, I will be getting my braces off soon and I am looking forward to getting my teeth professionally whitened.

So my question is, how old do you have to be to get your teeth professionally whitened by your dentist? I am only fifteen and I worry that I might be to young..
And, does getting your teeth whitened by your dentist hurt?? If so how bad will it hurt, and try to explain the pain if possible. I don't mind feeling a bit of pain but I really don't like surprises!

Thanks!
4 answers 4