Boarding school name ideas?

Hey! I'm writing a book based off of Rapunzel. Each character has their own fairy tale counterpart. They all attend a boarding school. But it doesn't have a name!! So, I need help! The boarding school has to have the name of something fairy tale like, or related. If you answer my question I'll answer yours just paste your link!! Thank you!

• Lynn
    Favorite Answer

I'll give you names of boarding school based from memories. I never went to one but many of my relatives have. I'm not even sure these are real names anymore, since I haven't heard any good boarding school stories in over 40 years, but that's actually better, because that means you are free to use them knowing they probably don't exist or don't exist anymore. lol

Shipley

Greenbriar

Valley Forge (Whoops. Dead Poet Society school, so that one still exist lol)

Blue Valley

Wintergreen

Buckley

Birchshire

Longbottom

Devereaux

Huxley

Summit Ridge

Chemung (which is actually an Indian word, but it's somewhere in New York State. It's still a county.)

I am suppressing the words my cousins used for the places they hated, but suffice it to say, on Yahoo, most of it would have been turned into asterisks, simply because my cousins cursed a lot when renaming their boarding schools. (Very few people actually like going to boarding schools. lol)

• Doris

Here are some suggestions. They are the actual names of fairytales.

The Fairy of the Dawn

The Elf Maiden

The Bunyip

The Enchanted Head

Sister of the Sun

Little Wildrose

The Three Robes

The Magic Kettle

The Princess Mayblossom

Soria Moria Castle

Dapplegrim

Mother Holle

The Nettle Spinner

Drakestail

Twelve Dancing Princesses

The Enchanted Canary

Fairy Forest (I just made this one up)

Fairy Lane (made up)

That should give you some ideas to either use them or make up something similar.

Best wishes in your endeavor.

• ?

Castle Valley

Middleshire

Skyclade

Moughbrug

Massilon Cliff

Stormcave

Redshire

Good luck!

I looked up boarding schools in Great Britain to find a series of schools one of my MC's attended. They've got some great names. Take parts of one and mix it with parts of another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_boarding_scho...

Source(s): um...wiki?

Hogwarts.

Uhh, Victoria Grant bording school for boys and girls? You can shorten it. Uh, High Tower bprding school for boys and girls again you can shorten it (get it, high towers, rapunzel.) Anyways hope it helps

Source(s): Me myself and i