Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

why don,t humans speak one language?

animals communication is unaltered national boarders . why doe we speak different languages , where and when did that start ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well.. it depends on if you believe in Christ or not.

If you look at it as God created us: He created different animals.

Communications and different languages well there was a bible story I randomly read but I forgot what it's called. He made our planet in these boarders

If you look at it like God doesn't exist: Animals were created like we were I guess. Plates shifted to make lands seperate and have oceans in between. And without God in this equation there is not an explanation that we speak different languages lol

Source(s): me
  • 8 years ago

Because languages evolve, that's why they are dead languages (no longer spoken) and that is why XII century English sounds so weird (it happens to all languages) even within the same language they are different dialects, sometimes separated for a few miles but enough to loose contact, a river, a mountain...

BTW this is an ongoing process, they keep evolving...

Cheers

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Yes, and let everyone in the whole world eat the same food, dress the same and celebrate Christmas. Human society is more complex than the animals, and isn't that wonderful?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Different people from different parts of the world develop different cultures.

If you take away their language and unite them in a single universal tongue, then you're stripping them of their valuable culture and history.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

If it makes you feel any better, at the rate we're going, it won't be long before everybody speaks English in some capacity.

Source(s): pure guesswork
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.