Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 8 years ago

In 16 and pregnant. my bfs 19. need advice!?

Please save your rude comments, i live in Illinois. im 16 turning 17 in August. my boyfriend of 2 years is 19 turning 20 in November. i recently found out im pregnant. im 12 weeks. my father however does not approve of this. he has tooken away alot of my privileges including our communication with eachother, considering the fact that i pay my own phone bill which is not under his name. i can't step anywhere outside my house which is unhealthy. he hasn't even talked too me nor has he tooken me too see any Dr. i am aware that he filed a police report on him but it wasn't rape or anything because i wasn't forced into having sex with him. my boyfriend however doesn't even live in my city he lives 30 minutes away. outta the county boundary. that's 2 different counties. im not sure what the right thing to do is. we are aware that he can get into lots of trouble for this. police said that if i was 17 they really couldn't do much about it.. his mom wants me too leave with them but i don't wanna risk leaving & my father calling the cops having him arrested. what would be the best thing too do? if i leave could the cops do anything? since i pay my own phone which is NOT under my fathers name does he have any right in taking it from me? thanks in advance

2 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    I can see this is a lot of stress. But you can't leave cause your still a minor. And your boyfriend can go to jail cause he is an adult and your Considered still a child. Your father can not keep him away from your baby cause in the court of law it says that the father has rights to the child. Stay strong and talk to your father. He might come around of not just wait till your 18 and leave. I know it will be hard to wait but just stay strong! :) good luck!

  • 8 years ago

    You cant leave because your not 17 yet and yes your boyfriend can go to jail even if you say it wasnt rape. When you turn 17 leave and get out of there but be sure its what you want. Good luck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.