Frank Sinatra vs. Louis Armstrong?

Who do you think is the better musician? And why :)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sinatra was a singer, a crooner and as a musician, he was a good actor. Sinatra, after he got all the young women behind him with his looks, managed to amass the best arrangements and best musicians to back him up. He was definitely one of the best male vocalists ever, but I take issue with another answer which said "he could carry a tune all thru his life. His way." He was much less in tune as he grew older. And with age he was frequently out of synch with the rhythm section-- something he was the very best at when he was younger!

Armstrong was a musician- a "musician's musician- and was much more influential on jazz. His singing was not bad and at times was VERY GOOD! He surprised himself frequently with his singing. But it was mostly his instrumental innovations as a musician that made his mark on the history of jazz.

Source(s): years in the music biz
  • Eva
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Louis Armstrong.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Frank Sinatra vs. Louis Armstrong?

Who do you think is the better musician? And why :)

Source(s): frank sinatra louis armstrong: https://bitly.im/jvWtZ
  • Kini
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I wasnt aware Sinatra played an instrument. You cannot compare these two artists.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Well, I think you mean which one is more influential, not better. In terms of influence, Armstrong has had the largest impact on the American jazz idiom.

• XYZ
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Sinatra, he could carry a tune all thru his life. His way.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.