How do I market to startups?

I'm with a very early stage start up myself. We create marketing videos for businesses and then promote them on YouTube (with 20 second clips as paid in-stream ads) and we also promote on social media.

At this point we're going after small businesses with advertising budgets in the thousands, but a lot of more developed start ups seem to have a need for what we do (because I go to their sites and find videos similar to what we do, whether they're promoted or not, all the time.

I've been cold calling start ups, and what I'm finding is that it's so hard to get a hold of someone who can actually make a decision, or make the case for us to the CEO etc.

I really want to get these guys too, because I live in LA, and there are hundreds of start ups here that would be ideal customers if I could just get a hold of the right person .

So what's the best way to get in touch with a start up of say 10 or so employees, and who do you think would be the best type of person to talk to.

Favorite Answer

Have some success, start small and show companies that what you do is good and it works well. companies would love cheap advertising. I'm a startup and when my website gets up and running ill probably need help advertising since i'll be a full time college student. If you have some success and people start to admire your work create a portfolio, a resume, and make a LinkedIn profile, that's pretty vital in today's day and age. Using that you can branch out and show people your business idea. You live in california, a few hours from the Silicon Valley where start-up's are born. Take advantage.

1

Source(s): Advanced affiliates Course http://emuy.info/AffiliateMarketingTrainingPortal

A couple of ideas:

Look for the Marketing Manager on LinkedIn for some companies that you have identified as your potential prospect.

Join discussion groups in a small business forums.

• John

We have caller ID just so we can screen calls like that......Make up a brochure and put it in the mail.