Did I just static shock my GPU?

So I had a 120 mm fan and I just wanted to see if it would fit where my current back panel fan is and I put the fan to the other fan to check the side.

Well the fan I'm checking to see if will fit had a screw on it which was loose and it dropped on the GPU. I went to pick up the screw and immediately both of my monitors lost connection. Right now they are plugged into my motherboard but my GPU is still running. The lights are on, the fans are going but I'm getting absolutely no picture. I have a Radeon HD 7850 OC Edition. My computer sits on a glass table, however, my bare feet are currently touching carpet. Did I just static shock my video card?

Forgot to ask, besides buying a new GPU, is there anything at all I can do to fix it if it is or isn't shocked? If so, what can I do?

Favorite Answer

If it's shocked, there's nothing you can do about it. The fact that you're on carpet barefoot with no ESD protection makes me think that you fried the GPU. You should get a new graphics card. ESD cannot be repaired, it destroys the microtransistors within the chip itself. Once they're destroyed, there is no fixing it. It's dead, Jim.