Smog test tomorrow and my gas is leaking?!!?

I was filling my '88 nissan pathfinder with premium because I have smog tomorrow... I looked down and a HUGE puddle of gas was left. Will I still pass smog?

It's possible that you just over-filled the tank, drive it about 50 miles, far enough to use a couple of gallons of gas. Then, before you get it tested drive around for at least 15 minutes, long enough to get the exhaust system good and hot. That way you can be sure the catalytic converter is doing its job.

I am pretty sure that they will not pass you for smog they will test you and then at the end tell you that you have to get that fixed first before they pass you

• Mark

no it wont pass if the tank is leaking .. get a small hose and siphon out 1/2 of your gas out into a container so you save it. then your tank wont be full and leaking when you go in.

Well, you might pass the smog test, but ya won't pass any gas stations! And, a carelessly tossed lit cigarette might just end your troubles.

• ?

not if it is leaking

and why do you use premium?