Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 7 years ago

Why do parents abandon children?

My mom and dad abandoned most if my life. I'm 18 and they finally came back into my life a couple years ago. I live with my dad and he pisses me off to the highest extents. He always seems stressed and says "it's sometimes annoying taking care of a child" like wtf dude you abandoned me during my most needed time my elementary years and then you sent me off to my grandparents! My parents are honestly a bit pathetic. I'm pretty sure they feel guilty and I'm nice to them because if that. But dang they pathetic. My mom always told me I wanted to be with my dad and not her. Then my dad sais she ran away and he abandoned because of drugs. At least if they were there I wouldn't for so so lost. I see my grandparents as real parents even though its my step grandpa, but I still love them. They are amazing and I am going to do as much as I can for them, but also for me of course. I'm just wondering why parents are like this? Seems like so many lies.

Favorite Answer

Well, may not be the child doing as per the parents expectations.