AMD processors or Intel processors?

Im looking towards getting a gaming laptop and have seen laptops with AMD quad-core processors as well as Intel i5 and i7 processors. Which one is the best for my money?

• PTRP
    Favorite Answer

Performance wise, especially in gaming, I would go with Intel......

But if you're main task is gaming, then a desktop Gaming PC would be better to get......

Honestly, they're both found in gaming laptops, and for good reason. The laptop I have right now, contains an AMD A6 quad-core processor and can play even the most detailed games almost flawlessly on the highest settings. To make it easy for you, the better the processor, the more expensive the computer is most likely going to be. In order, this is what I found out. Bottom line of the video gaming laptops contain Intel i3's. Then, next up is the i5. Next is the AMD A6 I have. Following that is the i7, the one processor that is actually butter than the one I have. It really depends on how much cash you're willing to put out on them, but the laptop I got was a Toshiba Satellite and only cost me $600. DiRT 2 is a visually impressive racing game, and I can play that with the settings just about maxed.

Source(s): I'm very knowledgeable about both computers AND gaming. ^-^

Advanced Micro Devices and Intel are both good. If you get a 200 Dollar AMD processor you are getting the equivalent of a 200 Dollar Intel processor. All I am saying is they are both good and if you are looking to game I would have a look at both Intel 3rd gen processors and amd 3rd gen processors 4th generation is too much money and the price can only go down.

If you are going laptop though I would recommend an AMD processor assuming it has better dedicated graphics. Much better off with a desktop, more upgrade-able and lower priced.

Source(s): Personal experience Plus an extra few years on building computers

You're opening up a can of worms asking this question. AMD has a higher voltage draw than Intel. AMD also has memory mapping issues. All you need to do is google some benchmarks and reviews, and you'll see Intel is the best for your money.

Source(s): 10 years IT experience/A+ Certified

If its going to be a serious everything on ultra get Intel with a good graphics card if its mild or casual gaming go amd

• ?

Depends on Graphic's but i would go with an i5 .