April asked in HealthWomen's Health · 7 years ago

Can a person still have growing pains at 22?

I've dealt with the pains in my arms and legs since childhood and was diagnosed with growing pains. I'm now 22 and still have the pains. On a scale of 1-10 it's a 6 or 7 when I have them, which is maybe once or twice a month. Could it still be growing pains or something else?

I know I can ask a doctor but I want to know what you all think.

Like you stated before you can always ask a doctor, but if you want to know what we think then here is my opinion. Ever since middle school I knew, because of some science project or something, that women reach maturity and therefore generally stop growing well before men do. I double checked, and that is true, so if your development falls into average you should probably have stopped having growing pains by now.

However there are a great deal of people who do not develop in the exact "average" time frame. Some things to consider are when you hit puberty, and everything that goes along with that. If it was late then it is possible I suppose that you are not done growing.

Again, most of us here are not doctors, and the best option is to see one. They will be able to collect the information they need from you, and be able to give you an opinion that is supported by a great deal of knowledge.

I have had pain in my left arm since I was young, 8 or so. It was dismissed as growing pains as well. It still continues and happens more often when I am cold. It may be that growing pains is just a go to cause when a doctor doesn't see anything else wrong.

Best of luck.