When is it ok to comment on my wife's weight?

After having our kids (twins) my wife has become a fitness fanatic. Before the pregnancy she was average size, small ish waist nice round butt, thick thighs and full breasts. She was obsessing about her weight after delivery but i really didnt mind the tiny bit of weight she had gained, i actually kinda liked it. but though i said that she kept driving it into her head that she needed to loose weight. Over time she got slimmer and slimmer, I complemented her, thinking she would stop and be content with her size, but now she is getting kinda buff and I honestly don't find it as attractive as her curvy soft body of the past... I dont want to say anything to hurt her feelings, but i really do miss the attributes she is working so hard to burn off, and i dont know what to say about it.

I love my wife 100% there is no question to that, so i was wondering if to just keep my mouth shut and let her make herself happy with the pursuit of a toned lean body.

• Eric
    Favorite Answer

Honestly I wouldn't venture down that road. But you know your wife better than most. If you do bring it up just be gentle as well as honest. It should be an easier conversation than the opposite way - her being overweight & asking her to lose weight.

I would think of it this way, she's keeping herself in shape & staying healthy. You shouldn't have to worry about health issues later in life. And if it helps her self-esteem & mood then .... "a happy wife = a happy life".

• Steven

If she is not really in a good weight don't lie to her. Again don't show her that you care too much about her weight.

• June

Well you could say to her that you like her with some weight on and not built like a man. Tell her that your more attractive to body curves and dont want her to lose anymore weight. Never shy away from telling your partner the truth as it will eventually destroy your marriage..

My! Is this really what is important to you?

"..... keep my mouth shut and let her make herself happy" is an interesting remark. Is she unhappy? It does seem that she is a little insecure, possibly, which could be down to you to a degree, especially if you only think of her in terms of what her body is like. Do you guys not talk to each other?

I suggest you both read Dr Phil McGraw's excellent book, Relationship Rescue. (I wish I got commission, as I recommend it to so many people!). As he writes in the book, it’s not only for people whose relationships are in trouble.

• DM

Leave her be....twins is quite a task.

And, in years to come as Nature takes over and you both gain a bit of weight her curves will return for your joyous hands!!

Don't you know heart disease is the number one killer of women? Leave her be! I'll bet more men wish their wives would get trim after pregnancy. Remember... Fat is not quality!

The curves willbe back, so be patient. This is just a phase. Keep your mouth shut.

Start cooking for her,,fatten her up..Not on purpose I put 30lbs on mine with my seafood soups spicy cajun fried pork chops and cheese cake...beleive me u make it shell eat it..

brush your teeth after every meal especially dinner

Well, her being more fit and toned is far more healthy.