Kaylie
Kaylie asked in HealthOther - Health · 7 years ago

Are these panic/anxiety attacks?

I get these randomly. I don't know if there's something that triggers it because it happens out of know where.. & its been happening for 2ish years & quite often.

I'm 17 by the way.

I'm going to try to describe this the best way I can lol.

so it starts off with the colors around me getting really vivid. I become extremely aware of my surroundings. But then things start to get super blurry. objects around me seem like they're moving. Everything is moving really fast but really slow at the same time. I get tracers. If I'm indoors I start feeling really claustrophobic & just boxed in & if I'm outside &I can see the sky I feel exposed like I'm just going to fall into oblivion. & that's when I begin to panic. My chest tightens up & its hard to breath my heart races..I've looked in the mirror & my pupils get huge. After the panicking starts I start feeling like the ground is disappearing, &that I'm falling. I get the overwhelming sensation of falling. After that happens I try to grab something, anything. & everything that I touch feels like sands like its just falling through my fingers & then my hands get numb. Someones this lasts a few minutes & sometimes it lasts hours. Idk what this is. Are they panic attacks? What can i do about them?

I've noticed that when I am outside & look straight up at the sky I start getting one of these. But they happen randomly no matter where I am or what I'm doing. Alot of the time its when I'm laying down in bed or sitting at my desk doing homework. During times that I'm calm.

• Cassie
    Favorite Answer

Panic attacks are a very personal thing. Meaning everyone will have different symptoms. I suffer from panic attacks. For me my chest tightens, I have chest pain, trouble concentrating, sweaty, and shaky. You sound to like your having panic attacks. Make a doctors appointment asap. He/she will help you. You should also think about seeing a counselor. I see one and she helps me very much. I wish you all the best.