Kaylie
Kaylie asked in HealthMental Health · 7 years ago

Are these panic/anxiety attacks? or what?

I get these randomly. I don't know if there's something that triggers it because it happens out of know where.. & its been happening for 2ish years & quite often.

I'm 17 by the way.

I'm going to try to describe this the best way I can lol.

so it starts off with the colors around me getting really vivid. I become extremely aware of my surroundings. But then things start to get super blurry. objects around me seem like they're moving. Everything is moving really fast but really slow at the same time. I get tracers. If I'm indoors I start feeling really claustrophobic & just boxed in & if I'm outside &I can see the sky I feel exposed like I'm just going to fall into oblivion. & that's when I begin to panic. My chest tightens up & its hard to breath my heart races..I've looked in the mirror & my pupils get huge. After the panicking starts I start feeling like the ground is disappearing, &that I'm falling. I get the overwhelming sensation of falling. After that happens I try to grab something, anything. & everything that I touch feels like sands like its just falling through my fingers & then my hands get numb. Someones this lasts a few minutes & sometimes it lasts hours. Idk what this is. Are they panic attacks? What can i do about them?

I've noticed that when I am outside & look straight up at the sky I start getting one of these. But they happen randomly no matter where I am or what I'm doing. Alot of the time its when I'm laying down in bed or sitting at my desk doing homework. During times that I'm calm.

It may not be an anxiety "attack" but it could very likely be a lot of anxiety... I've struggled with anxiety my whole life and there's a huge difference between anxiety itself and a panic attack. You should definitely see a doctor about this though.

• Vortex

It sounds like more than panic attacks. Have you done any hallucinogenics recently or in the past? Panic attacks feel like you are losing control and have to flee. The chest tightening, with feeling breathless is also part of a panic attack, The vivid colors and visual hallucinations are not. It is possible that you may have migraines leading to panic attacks. Good Luck!

Panic attacks.