Ex-jw's what do you/do say when you run into a former "friend" who is a JW?

Here is an experience that I know my fellow ex-jw's will be able to relate to.

Last week I was at work, minding my own business when the mailman showed up (my office building isn't on his normal route so he must of been filling in for our regular mailman). He is a JW that I knew personally and considered to be a friend, but who of course dropped my friendship when I choose to worship God a different way then he did.

Now me being a very nice, outgoing southern girl, I kicked up the conversation "Hi! How are you! How is your wife? How are the kids? Are they doing good in school?" Etc, etc.

The look on his face was PRICELESS! He wanted to ignore/shun me, but he couldn't without looking deliberately rude in front of my co-workers. LOL. He mumbled a few answers all while looking extremely uncomfortable.

So after I signed for all the certified mail, he turned to leave and said "If you ever want to talk, you know where to find me". So I said "And you know where you WON'T find me". He then scurried away back to his mail truck.

I would love to hear others experiences running into jw's that you knew now that you are an ex-jw.

Favorite Answer

I love the way you handled it, You should talk to him every day! It is their religious prejudice not yours, Let him deal with it.