Why do I feel tired after drinking two glasses of coffee?

Does it have to do that I've been staying up late for the past 3 nights? It's 10:46 pm here.

Favorite Answer

The caffeine in the coffee takes more water to process than the coffee provides. So it takes extra water from our bodies which dehydrates us. When we are dehydrated we become tired and lethargic. If you are already dehydrated then the effect happens much quicker.

As Bob suggested, you have just built a tolerance to the caffeine. If you've been drinking coffee for years, I guess it's possible to happen. It could also be because you're body is so tired even caffeine won't do a thing for you.

Does coffee normally wake you up? If not, you may actually have a form of ADD. People with ADD tend to get an opposite effect from stimulants than people without ADD.

I'm not a doctor or scientist or any of that crap, but from personal experience coffee with crème or sugar will make me tired. That's why I drink black coffee when I'm trying to wake up.

you might have built a tolerance to caffeine

It's not cocaine - if you're tired you're tired.