Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 7 years ago

Do I have insectophobia?

I'm terribly afraid of insects. If there is a fly in my room at night or some other bug i can't sleep. When I'm outside and i see mosquitoes i freak out. If i see a bee even like 10ft away i run inside. If i see spiders or tiny millipedes in my basement, my heart rate goes up and my face gets flushed,i just can't bring myself to kill it i have to call my dad. The crunch sound when you kill a bug is so revolting to me, I run in the other direction. I HATE butterflies, bees, spiders, roaches, fireflies, everything to the point where I dread going on vacation with my family anywhere outdoors. I have wasted 5 bottles of insect repellent this summer. Is this just an irrational fear or do I have some sort of phobia? Thank you :)

Favorite Answer

Yes, i would say you have insectophobia, i am the same way when it comes to insects, i think i have insectophobia too. Its to the point where when i see any insect i freak out and want to cry and just scream, its the worst feeling and i wish i could face my fear but there is no way i will ever do that. I hope i hoped.

• Cathy

I have insectophobia as well, so I know how you feel. I have to be straight with you and tell you I've tried to remain calm around bugs but there's nothing I can do to try fix it. Best thing I can recommend is when there is a bug near you, leave the room. Even if it means sleeping on the sofa, leave the room. It will calm you down a lot, it usually does for me. I feel so sorry for you, my friends don't understand when we're out at the park or something and I see bugs I freak out majorly and they laugh because they don't see how it's so terrifying.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Do I have insectophobia?

I'm terribly afraid of insects. If there is a fly in my room at night or some other bug i can't sleep. When I'm outside and i see mosquitoes i freak out. If i see a bee even like 10ft away i run inside. If i see spiders or tiny millipedes in my basement, my heart rate goes up and my...

Source(s): insectophobia: https://shortly.im/B6xpW