Which of the "big three" would be okay for my 12 year old cousin to watch?

My cousin is coming over tomorrow and he told me that he wanted to watch one of the big three (One Piece, Naruto and Bleach). I have the first few seasons on DVD. He has very protective parents so...yeah. He's 12 years old He loves DBZ...but he watched it without his mom's permission because she doesn't want him to watch violent TV. I don't want to say no but I don't want him to get in trouble.

Favorite Answer

Well, they are all battle anime, so there is fighting in all three series, and even some deaths. If you don't want to violate his parent's wishes, then don't show them to him. However, I don't think that any of those series are too violent for a 12 yr old. Its not like they are Titan where people are having their heads bit off left and right. If he can keep a secrete then I would show him Naruto. Boys his age tend to like Naruto more than the other two anime. I also think that One Piece is the best of the three, but he might not like the slow pacing at the beginning of the series. Bleach is also really great. If he likes spirit powers and sword fights, then I would show him Bleach. Just ask him, "Ninjas, Sword Fights, or Pirates?" You should let him chose if you decide to show him any of those series.

Okay, your cousin is 12. His mom doesn't want violent TV? He's gonna be stuck watching romance and reality shows until he grows up, then. Give me a break. Have him start with One Piece, but honestly even 10 year-olds have started watching Naruto and slowly become used to it as the story progresses. It's not like you're showing him anything inappropriate, so taking away "violent TV" will make the boy become naive as heck when he grows up.

Anyway, have him watch One Piece first though it shouldn't even matter because he's 12, not 2.

Any of them, since they're made for the teenaged audience.

But since he has overprotective parents, I would choose Naruto. It's ranked #1 in the West for a reason, and I think it's because it's the most easy for kids to watch. The Zabuza arc may be a bit dark, but compared to early Bleach, where a lot of blood and killing takes place or One Piece, which may look more innocent, actually has more violence and dangerous themes in the earlier arcs (such as the Kuro and Krieg arc).

As for swearing, Both the Funimaiton dub of One Piece and Bleach contain a bit of swearing, but Naruto is more tame in it's dub.

Well all 3 of them are action serious, so that might be a problem. I think Naruto would be best because it has the least amount of fan service such as exaggerating on breast sizes. In both Bleacj and One Piece they do that. But in One Piece it's towards the end. I think you should also start with One Piece the 4kids dub version because they edited out all the bloody parts and its audience aim is younger children.

Hope it helped~

Source(s): Me
  • Lucian

The one I would most definitely show to my Niece and Nephew are "Avatar: The Last Airbender" series!

Edit: If you mean just one out of those three, I would say Naruto..

One piece

bleach and naruto have blood scenes and a bit of swearing. i would go with one piece not a lot of blood scenes and less swearing. also one piece is more funnier than naruto.

ok, so bleach is a no. one piece would probably be best.

• Guts

i watched elfen lied when I was 12