My Turn asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

Is it time to put my 15 year old dog to sleep?

My dog is incontinent and will pee where she lays, she's almost deaf, almost blind, has only a few teeth, scratches herself constantly and moans while doing it, doesn't seem happy anymore, sometimes she seems to be confused and is startled most of the time when I pick her up to put her right or place her where she needs to be, even though I'm gentle when I put my hands on her. She seems to be in pain when I do handle her.

Favorite Answer

If she's in pain, then I think it's time to put her to sleep. It's not easy emotionally, but you need to do what's best for her. It's better than for her to continue living in pain.

I myself have an old dog named snuffy but by the grace of God he's still up and around but partialy deaf. But as much as I hate to say it id say its time. Just think to yourself what if it was you, and when the time comes maybe gettin a puppy the same breed would ease the grief.

God Bless!

A dog in pain and at that age does not have any quality of life and should be put to rest.. It's hard, but the dog deserves rest.

When the dog's quality of life is poor, it's time, and It sounds like your dog's time is now. It's never easy to make that decision, but you are doing the best for your dog.

Damn I'm sorry. Well yes it does. It is harder than it seems to let your dog go but have a talk with the vet and explain.

Source(s): I have had a dog put to sleep for tumor around the spine. Dog was only 4.