Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 7 years ago

Is it wrong that I hate my grandmother?

I'm 18 and for as long as I can remember, I've always had an extreme hatred for my grandmother. My mother, along with my aunts, always told me horrific stories about how abusive she was when they were growing up, how she'd beat them for no reason, call them horrible names, steal from them, along with many other things. My mom has scars on her body from cigarette burns caused by my grandmother and in childhood pictures of my mom and her sisters, they were all stick thin because my grandmother hardly fed them.

Growing up, I never liked her. She acted like she had no memory of the abuses she caused, how she cheated on my grandfather, and ruined everyone's lives; in her mind, she was perfect. She always humiliated me in front of my friends, showing up at my house uninvited and having a fit when my mom would tell her to leave; she'd go around the outside of our house and bang on all the windows until we called the police. She did that so many times I've lost count.

She's stolen money from us in the recent years, close to $1000 that she claims she never took. She lies constantly and makes up stories telling everyone that she has no idea why none of her family likes her. I saw her the other day and she wouldn't leave me and my mom alone when we were just trying to leave the grocery store, she kept getting in our faces and asking why I hated her so much and why I was such a "little brat" and without thinking I shoved her and she fell.

Is it wrong to hate a family member so much? Everytime I think of her, I just wanna hurt her and punch her until she blacks out. She's pretty old (71) and I told her to her face that I couldn't wait until she died. Is this wrong? I've never treated anyone else like this before.

She's still your grandma whether you like it or not. By right, it is wrong to hate a family member so much. But your reason for hating is reasonable. Hate all you want, just prevent yourself from doing physical harm to her. You don't want to beat an old lady

No, It's Not Wrong, I Hate My Grandma Too.

• Haha no it isnt wrong, your grandma sounds like a f**king b*tch who should go die already.

forgive her but don't hurt her.